[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend update 7

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Fri May 12 13:35:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Il giorno ven, 05/05/2006 alle 00.51 -0400, m. allan noah ha scritto:
>> I have released the next version of the updated fujitsu sane backend to my
>> personal website. http://www2.pfeiffer.edu/~anoah/fujitsu/
>>
>> up7 is a minor update to the up6 version (which works pretty well):
> [...]
>
> I just tried two different fujitsu scanners, but they are probably
> unsupported:
>
> fi-4010CU, sane-find-scanner list it as
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5, product=0x1029) at libusb:002:003

this one is probably not a fujitsu, but i cant tell from your logs, try
adding the usb ids to the fujitsu.conf, and get a debug log with just
SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=30

> fi-5120C, sane-find-scanner list it as
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5, product=0x10e0) at libusb:002:002

this one should be supported with the updated backend. you did not give
any info on its status? i think its id is already in the fujitsu.conf.

from the strace you gathered below, it looks like the fujitsu backend was
not able to find its config file in ./fujitsu.conf or in
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/fujitsu.conf please make sure that sane is installed
correctly.

allan