[sane-devel] Updated Fujitsu backend now in SANE CVS

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Sun May 14 15:39:54 UTC 2006

I have commited the next version of the updated fujitsu backend to sane
cvs. I have gotten some feedback from users of current USB models that
the new backend supports their scanners in most cases.

the changes over version up7 primarily include duplex support for most
models, and some minor corrections. the desc file and manpage have also
been updated.

but- the following issues have cropped up:

1. some minor bugs in option handling, especially flatbed vs adf.
2. significant speed decrease due to single threading
3. M3091 and 92 color and duplex modes still broken.
4. some model-specific details not coded, because they cannot be queried
from the hardware directly.

as such- i have updated my webpage to have a tarball of the previous
version of the backend. if you find that the cvs copy lacks some feature
of the older version, you should revert to that, and let me know.

at this point, the wider circulation of a sane cvs inclusion or sane
backends release will help uncover additional issues. i will work to
correct known issues ASAP.

allan