[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE20 still jamming

Fibonacci Prower fibonacci.prower at gmail.com
Sun May 14 17:26:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

I tried downloading the sources for the SANE frontends and backends
from http://www.sane-project.org/source.html. Then compiled and
installed them under Fedora Core 5, ran scanimage, and my scanner (a
CanoScan LiDE20 USB) jammed right at the beginning, with the lamps on.
Then, I booted Knoppix, copied to ramdisk the same sources I had
downloaded, compiled and installed just as I had done under Fedora,
ran scanimage, and the scanner worked without a problem!

What can I do to make my scanner work under Fedora?
Please help me here! I don't want to boot Knoppix (or worse yet,
Windows) each and every time I have to use the scanner...

Thanks in advance,

-Fibo

--
Eye halve a spelling chequer, it came with my pea see
It plane lee marques four my revue miss steaks aye can knot sea