[sane-devel] Nikon CoolScan IV and next sane release

Major A andras at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 15 00:32:04 UTC 2006

Giuseppe, Henning,

> another problem I think I found on this patch is at about line 1525 of the
> patched file, where it is "i = (xfer_len_in && 0x3f);" while it should be
> "i = (xfer_len_in & 0x3f);" with a single ampersand.

I'm afraid I haven't had time recently to do anything about the
coolscan2 backend, and SANE-devel email delivery has been quite
intermittent over here (I only got one copy of this email, for
instance, although you sent it both to the list and to me separately).

I'm so tied up in other things that I won't have time to work on SANE
for a while, so I'd appreciate it if someone else took care of
coolscan2 instead. I only have an LS-4000 and therefore can't really
help with the LS-5*, which I've tried to get working several times by
remote access (without success, though). The one thing I'd like to
avoid is seeing SANE development retarded because of me.

I'd like to believe that the backend is written in a reasonably
readable way, so adding support for new scanners shouldn't be hard
provided the new code is either tested for backward compatibility or
made conditional based on the type of scanner. I've also found that
it's a good idea to use case switches for this without specifying a
default case -- gcc will then warn you if you've forgotten to list any
type of scanner.

  Andras