[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE20 still jamming

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon May 15 08:07:35 UTC 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 09:29, Fibonacci Prower wrote:
> 2006/5/15, Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard at gjaeger.de>:
> > On Sunday 14 May 2006 19:26, Fibonacci Prower wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I tried downloading the sources for the SANE frontends and backends
> > > from http://www.sane-project.org/source.html. Then compiled and
> > > installed them under Fedora Core 5, ran scanimage, and my scanner (a
> > > CanoScan LiDE20 USB) jammed right at the beginning, with the lamps on.
> > > Then, I booted Knoppix, copied to ramdisk the same sources I had
> > > downloaded, compiled and installed just as I had done under Fedora,
> > > ran scanimage, and the scanner worked without a problem!
> > >
> > > What can I do to make my scanner work under Fedora?
> >
> > Tell me which version of SANE is incluced in Knoppix, to find out
> > the diffs.
>
> I don't remember (it's Knoppix 4.0.2, though). But is it really
> relevant? I didn't use the version that came with Knoppix, but the
> sources which I had already downloaded on Fedora, which, I believe,
> are version 1.0.17 for the backends, and 1.0.14 for the frontends.

So for the records:
- booting Fedora Core 5 AND using the self-compiled CVS-SANE, the Lide20
  jams
- booting Knoppix 4.0.2 AND using also the self-compiled CVS-SANE, the Lide20
  works

Is that right? If not, I really need to know the version of the Plustek-
Backend that is working to fix that! You might wanna start Fedora and then
try:
export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=10 ; scanimage -L

right at the beginning you'll get something like:
Plustek backend V0.51-9, part of sane-backends 1.0.17-cvs

Send me that output and repeat that with Knoppix.

TIA
Gerhard