[sane-devel] LiDE 500F: how to go further?

Ralph Sontag sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon May 15 09:44:43 UTC 2006

Hi Pierre,

> Your scanner is 2400dpi x 4800dpi? Perhaps the attached patch is more
> usable. It reduces the maximum speed of the head, and adjusts the
> maximum y-resolution.

yes, it is 2400dpi x 4800dpi.

> These scanners are pretty low-level. To do anything useful, you need to
> setup the motor and ccd. This includes calibration. The calibration is
> done only once in win98.

So I will setup win98 once again and made a start the sniffer before the
first connect.

> I put my scripts here:
> http://pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de

Fine - but I got a "error 403: Forbidden" for
http://pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/usbsnoop-stage1.pl
http://pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/usbsnoop-collect.pl

Can you send me the files or made it available?

After patching with the new patch, the scanner ist jerking in a
frequency around 30 Hz, but it make no move.

Thanks!
	Ralph.

--
Ralph Sontag | Str. der Nationen 62/B204 | 09107 Chemnitz         |   MIME   |
e-mail: sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de | Tel. +49 371 531 31384 | welcome! |