[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V700 Photo

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf at member.fsf.org
Mon May 15 22:05:07 UTC 2006

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 2006-05-10 10:50, Fredrik Sandstrom wrote:
>> I'm considering buying the scanner of the Subject line, but it seems
>> it's not (yet?) supported by any SANE backend. What's its status, has
>> anyone tried it, and can it be expected to be supported soon?
>
> As it's not in our list, nobody has reported anything about it. So we
> don't know. If it's compatible to some alsready supported scanners, it
> may be easy to support it. If it's a completely new scanner with a new
> chip set, this means developing a new backend. This is up to a user of
> such scanners. Usually, it won't be done by any of the current SANE
> developers.

I have a "hunch" that this scanner speaks the ESC/I protocol.  Try
adding the USB device info directly to the epson.conf file but don't
blame me if that breaks your scanner.

If anyone can make a USB log from the Windows driver available I
should be able to tell whether the Perfection V700 speaks ESC/I or
not.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen