[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 5300c only partially detected

Damon Butler damon at hddesign.com
Tue May 16 13:22:13 UTC 2006

>>[avision] sane_init: Trying to find USB device 3f0 701 ...
>>[avision] sane_init: Trying to find USB device 3f0 701 ...
>
> This is the id of the HP 5300c. It doesn't seem to be plugged in. Are
> you sure that this is your device?
>
> The id you gave in your original posting is the one of the HP 3500.

Huh. The entire reason I went to SANE was 'cause my girlfriend -- it's
her scanner from before we even met -- insisted its the 5300 (she
doesn't have the docco or box anymore), and the HP driver for the 5300
doesn't work on any Mac OS X version later than 10.1. Last night I
downloaded the HP software for the 3500 -- which is current -- and lo
and behold! The scanner functions.

Thanks for that vital, if little, tidbit of detail! And sorry to have
taken up your time with a red herring.

--Damon