[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend update 7

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Tue May 16 17:53:49 UTC 2006

Hi Allan,
I recompiled today cvs (it should include your latest work; am I
correct?) and installed it.

I had to manually add the line "usb 0x04c5 0x10e0" to fujitsu.conf since
it was missing.
Then I made some scan with this fujitsu fi-5120C. The program never
crashed and the image was quite good when using colours, but GIMP gave
me a few warning while loading ths TIFF file.
I then made a few tests with Lineart mode and got the same errors: both
TIFF and PNM are corrupt. The TIFF error is "Read error on strip 14; got
4294951674 bytes, expected 3852". It is written many times on the
screen. The pnm file isn't readable by GIMP, but eog display it
(partially.)

The command I used to scan the pages is:

$ env SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=30 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/giuseppe/sane/lib \
PATH=/home/giuseppe/sane/bin:$PATH /home/giuseppe/sane/bin/scanimage \
-d fujitsu:libusb:001:002 --source='ADF Front' --mode=Lineart \
--resolution=100 --format=pnm >scan2.pnm 2>scan2.fuji.log

files:
tiff: http://eppesuigoccas.homedns.org/~giuseppe/sane/scan2.tiff.bz2
pnm: http://eppesuigoccas.homedns.org/~giuseppe/sane/scan2.pnm.bz2
pnm log: