[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend update 7

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Tue May 16 19:10:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Hi Allan,
> I recompiled today cvs (it should include your latest work; am I
> correct?) and installed it.

yes- i have committed the backend.

> I had to manually add the line "usb 0x04c5 0x10e0" to fujitsu.conf since
> it was missing.

it is in the default config file that comes with the backend. if you had
to add it, this means that you have an old copy of the config file on your
system. perhaps a need to uninstall old copy first?

> Then I made some scan with this fujitsu fi-5120C. The program never
> crashed and the image was quite good when using colours, but GIMP gave
> me a few warning while loading ths TIFF file.
> I then made a few tests with Lineart mode and got the same errors: both
> TIFF and PNM are corrupt. The TIFF error is "Read error on strip 14; got
> 4294951674 bytes, expected 3852". It is written many times on the
> screen. The pnm file isn't readable by GIMP, but eog display it
> (partially.)

yes- i get the same errors from your files in gimp/eog/gqview.

> http://eppesuigoccas.homedns.org/~giuseppe/sane/scan2.fuji.log.bz2

hmm- it seems that the 5120 has overscan capability. my code blindly
assumes that the default paper width will match the maximum window width.
with your scanner, this is not the case. this scan was done with the
window width rounded up, to be greater than the paper width. i should
clamp the window data to the paper size.

but i am not sure that will help, but it is worth a try. i will try to
find this bug tonight.

allan