[sane-devel] Minolta dimage scan dual ii

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat May 20 20:21:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

yes, the avision backend is the one to use. Hower I do not get
feedback about the state of the models that often and thus I do not know
what revision is the last good or best one. the dual II once worked with
the avision backend - maybe try the latest or search the list for the
last known version.

For the batch mode you need to invoke a SANE client for each picture
with some --frame option set to the frame you want to retrieve.

I would love to buy a Elite 5400 or 5400 II just to have one of those
in my office - but Minolta stopped producing them some months ago
and they are rare these days :-(

If someone has a source for those (I would like to have an undusty,
originally packed (that is unused or not really used) for the usual
~600 EUR or so please drop me a note. Specifically I would rather
have the non II version since it has a metal case and a firewire port
which would allow me to implement ieee1394 support for the
Avision backend as well (though there are very few firewire based
Avision scanners out there ...

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org