[sane-devel] saned pnm-backend - glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun May 21 16:20:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-04-18 14:42, Michael Schwipps wrote:
> I'm writing a small client application and use saned.
> The tests of the client use then pnm-backend.
> There seems to be a bug in this backend.

Sorry for the long delay for answering.
I just had a quick look at the ocde but I couldn't find any obvious
bug, at least not in sane_open. However, the pnm backend is obsolete
anyway. Is there any reason not to use e.g. the test backend?

> If I open the first device pnm:0 it's ok. I can read all options of this
> device. Then I try to open pnm:1. The reply state is "device busy" - also ok
> for me.
> If I now reread the options of pnm:0 there is a error (see subject line).
> I can get some options, but always the next get-request after option 2
> (filename) fails.  Maybe the reason is that option 2 is the only
> String-option.

Could you show us the code (or part of it) you used to cause this
error?