[sane-devel] Status of Canon LiDE 40

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Sun May 21 17:28:37 UTC 2006

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2006-05-21 19:02, Nikolas Arend wrote:
>
>> seeing that more and more scanner models of the LiDE series become
>> supported... is there any progress for the LiDE 80? I can't help coding
>> atm, but I could test the backend. The LiDE 80 is still listed as
>> unsupported, but I guess its chipset is such that the genesys backend
>> can support it in principle.
>>

> The Canon LiDE 35, 40, 50, and 60 are nearly identical so it was easy
> to support them once the 35 worked. However, the LiDE 80 seems to be a
> bit different.
>
> So as with any other gl646/841 scanner a user has to create log files,
> understand them and moidfy the genesy backend appropriately. See lots
> of discussions on sane-devel. As with other scanners, it won't happen
> automatically, it has to be done by users who own these scanners. If
> this doesn't happen, this scanner will never be supported.

Of course, I understand that. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to
see the LiDE 80 being supported, at the moment my time doesn't permit
any work on the code. But since I own one of those scanners, I could
test it, because that's supposed to be not as time-consuming.
If there is anybody working on supporting the LiDE 80, let me know and
I'll provide log-files, backtraces, whatever.

Thanks,   Nick.