[sane-devel] re: Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II

moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Mon May 22 18:50:40 UTC 2006

> Hello Rene,
> hello list,
>
> thanks for your answers.
> At first i have deleted the hpusbsci in /lib/modules/2.4.31/kernel/....
> I have donwloaded the avision.c and avision.h of the svn repository of the
> avision-backend-page.
> I compiled sane by ./configure make make install.
> I set the rights of the scanner to rwrwrw (666).
> scanimage -L finds the scanner.
> i set the SANE_DEBUG-AVISION=7 and then i do the following command:
>
> scanimage -d avision --source adf --resolution 2820 --frame 1 >out%d.pnm
> 2>error.log
>
> Here is the logfile:

The scanner needs to be calibrated and that has to be done with the
scanner door closed. But in order to scan you need to have a film holder
and the door open....

This problem might deserve a special solution but it was never implemented...

Meanwhile my solution was to make an empty scan (no film holder, door
closed), without setting the frame, which would of course fail (but only
after calibrating the scanner) before starting to do normal scans.

Regards

ZP

~