[sane-devel] Epson CX11 network scan support?

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon May 22 23:26:34 UTC 2006

Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-sane-devel at apartia.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Does sane support network scanning for the Espon CX11 MFC printer?
>
> There is a sane "epkowa" backend which seem to support it in USB mode,
> as well as Epson's "iscan" linux package, but I can't find any way to
> scan from the network.

Both the epkowa backend and iscan (which includes the epkowa backend)
do not support scanning via a direct TCP/IP connection.  They support
scanning via a scan server (saned with net backend) only.

IIRC, Alessandro Zummo hacked up something to make scanning via TCP/IP
work.  See

  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2006-January/015986.html

for details.

> Thanks in advance for any help,

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/