[sane-devel] re: Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Tue May 23 14:07:36 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 10:56, Rene Rebe wrote:
> On Monday 22 May 2006 20:50, moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt wrote:
> >
> > The scanner needs to be calibrated and that has to be done with the
> > scanner door closed. But in order to scan you need to have a film holder
> > and the door open....
> >
> > This problem might deserve a special solution but it was never
> > implemented...
> >
> > Meanwhile my solution was to make an empty scan (no film holder, door
> > closed), without setting the frame, which would of course fail (but only
> > after calibrating the scanner) before starting to do normal scans.
>
> Oh, I do not rember anyone notified me about this issue :-(

We talked about it in February 2002... but I never mentioned it as something
important. I got used to apply the sequence

1) Power on scanner. Close door. Execute
$ scanimage -d avision  >test.pnm
2) Open door. Insert film holder. Execute
$ scanimage -d avision --resolution 2800 --frame 1 >test.pnm
3) Repeat scanimage as needed

I just verified that I mentioned the possibility of creating an
option --calibrate, which would calibrate without trying to scan. My doubt is
wether this fits nicelly with all frontends.

Regards

ZP