[sane-devel] re: Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed May 24 17:50:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

> From your first log we can see that the scanner is recognised. It sees that
> there is no film holder, it waits for the lamp to warm up, all perfect, and
> then it starts the calibration process. Everything seems to be ok, until we
> get to the portion that I am attaching. There we start having timeouts
> while reading the calibration data, and the backend complains "dark data
> present - decreasing white aerage data".
>
> I suspect that there may be a problem related to libusb (chunk size?
> invalid parameter?), as the process of reading calibration data should be
> fairly normal.

Nope, it got the calibration data:

> [avision] get_calib_data: Got 249300 bytes calibration data

The line you reffer to just prints the timeouts used for the command
(the timeouts vary, because device discover uses shorter timeouts
to not stall on locked devices - or to wake up "ping" crashed firmware).

It fails sending the calibration (shading) data back to the scanner:

> [avision] set_calib_data_calibration: channel: 0
> [avision] set_calib_data: sending 5540 bytes now
> [avision] Timeouts: write: 30000, read: 30000, status: 10000
> [avision] === Got error 9 trying to write, wrote: 0. ===

> From that point on every action fails.

Yep, from the point corrected above the devices firmware or
USB bridge is "stalled".

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rebe.name