[sane-devel] Parallel Port as SCSI

Peter Fales psfales at fales-lorenz.net
Fri May 26 15:03:12 UTC 2006

Apple came out with a SCSI bus using DB-25 connectors.  (I believe
they were the first to do this, and though it probably violates the
SCSI standards, they carry enough market weight that it has now become
a de-facto standard and you can now buy 25-pin SCSI cables and connectors)

There are also various flavors of parallel port to SCSI converters
around.  But, since your equipment actually says "SCSI" on the port,
that's probably what it really is.   You  would  need to refer to the
documentation to know for sure.

My Microtek scanner has both 25-pin and 50-pin SCSI connectors on it.  But
both are true SCSI - I believe the 25-pin connector is there to cater
to Apple users.

--

Peter Fales
Peter "at" fales-lorenz.net