[sane-devel] libusb problems with CanoScan LiDE25 sane backend ..17 plustek backend 0.50-9

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Sun May 28 11:48:55 UTC 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 15:17, Petar Mijatovic wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> to install the new plustek backend for my scanner CanoScan LiDE25 I try
> to install the new libusb which is recomanded for linux
> kernel > = 2.6.
>
> There are problems with the installing of  libusb discribed in the
> enclosed file.
> There is not  scanner.o file at kernel drivers and the kernel is
>  recognizing the CanoScan with correct Vendor in ID.
> Module loading is not possible.
>
> Can you help me to install appropriate the backends?
>
> Regards,
> Petar Mijatovic

Hi,

FOA, if you use the latest CVS snapshot there's no need
to download the plustek tar-ball. Next: scanner.o is no
longer available with 2.6 kernels (>2.6.3).

What distro are you using? Does this distro not supply
any libusb? If yes, you'll need to install libusb-devel
too, as there are the necessary header files...

First try and find out, what your distro includes.

Gerhard