[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 5200C: Error on device I/O

Marcus Heinze Marcus.Heinze at gmx.net
Sun May 28 16:10:23 UTC 2006

Hello everybody on the list,

I have a HP ScanJet 5200C on USB:

> scanimage -L
device `hp:libusb:002:002' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5200C flatbed
scanner

The scanner usually had been working on second or third try. I recently
upgraded some - and now all I am getting it this frustrating message
here:

> scanimage -T -vv
scanimage: scanning image of size 2550x3507 pixels at 1 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring gray frame, 1 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 319 bytes...   FAIL Error: Error during
device I/O
Closing device
Calling sane_exit
scanimage: finished

Could anybody tell me how to debug this? I tried a lot, and I think it
has something to do with the time the scanner needs to warm up the lamp.
What information is needed to diagnose this, and how do I obtain the
information ?

Thanks a lot in advance - this is about the only thing that worked
better in my still windows days. I am still somewhat of a newby - so
maybe I configured something wrong ?

Regards to all

Marcus