[sane-devel] Re: Epson CX11 network scan support?

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sun May 28 23:44:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 10:38:05 +0200
Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-sane-devel at apartia.org> wrote:

> > IIRC, Alessandro Zummo hacked up something to make scanning via TCP/IP
> > work.  See
> >
> >   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2006-January/015986.html
> >
> > for details.
>
> Thanks, this looks promising.
>
> Will this work soon be integrated into sane?

 Hi,

  I've been unable to work on the driver recently. I'd say the job is half done,
 because comms works fine but a lot of testing needs to be made to fully
 support the scanner.

  I've posted the generic network code in this ml, but I don't think
 it has been included in SANE yet. This is a required step.

  The epson2 driver I've posted uses this code to communicate
 to the scanner.

  It would have been easier if Epson had released the specs. :)

  If I can find a few people that can code some bits, the driver could
 be completed in a decent timeframe.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,