[sane-devel] Epson Stylus CX3700 all in one

nigel at rmk.co.il nigel at rmk.co.il
Tue May 30 17:48:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

Using Kubuntu Dapper.

I have searched the archives, but found nothing definitive; read all the
docs and other stuff on sane-project.org/ and snapscan.sourceforge.net/
websites.

I know that the scanner part of the CX3700 works
[http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=epson&model=cx3700&bus=usb&v=&p=]

but I am somewhat lost as to where I need to put the relevant output of
'sane-find-scanner':
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0818) at libusb:001:002

and do I need to copy the firmware from the Epson cd ?

The docs are a bit old and a little bit confusing as they are mainly still
talking about 'scanner module' rather than 'libusb'.

I promise to write a 'howto' when I get it all working :-)

TIA

Nigel