[sane-devel] Fujitsu 5120C

Jim McQuillan jam at McQuil.com
Tue May 30 21:39:31 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get a Fujitsu 5120C working with SANE.

I've tried version 1.0.17 of the backends, and i've also tried a fresh
checkout from cvs today (5/30/2006).

The scanner is detected just fine under both versions of the backends.

I'm using a SCSI interface.

When I try to scan with the scanimage command, I get:

    scanimage: sane_read: Invalid argument

I turned on debugging with SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=128
and I see in the logfile:

[fujitsu] sane_get_parameters: finish
[fujitsu] sane_read: start
[fujitsu] read_from_scanner: start
[fujitsu] read_from_scanner: ERROR side:0 want:4203144 room:528/65536
doing:0 done:7656
[fujitsu] sane_read: finish
[fujitsu] sane_close: start
[fujitsu] do_cancel: start

If you'd like to see the entire file, it's at:

    http://www.McQuil.com/fujitsu_5120c.txt

If you need any more info, i'm happy to provide it.

So, is the fujitsu driver at a point, where I should expect the 5120C to
work?
I'm just trying to figure out if i'm looking at a driver problem, or a
configuration problem on my end.

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org