[sane-devel] epson2 backend / Epson Film Scan 200 / TCP-IP support

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sun Nov 5 22:32:38 CET 2006

 Hello,

   after many months of tests I just discovered that the Epson FilmScan 200
 hangs if the first command that is sent is a reset (doh!).

  Resolving this issue enabled me going further in the development
 of the epson2 backend.

 I've started the development from the epson backend and restructured
 it in order to better support different scanners on different transport
 layers, like tcp/ip.

  My plans are to fully support the FilmScan 200, including the
 Advanced Photo System loader, and other epson scanners.

 I will be able to test on Epson CX11NF and GT-7000 photo
 any I'm searching for interested people that can both
 help in development and/or test with other epson devices.

 I'm particularly interested in scanners equipped
 with ADF and/or backlight units.

 Hardware donations will be appreciated :)

  Furthermore, my backend will be one day able to support
 tcp/ip communications with the CX11NF. I'm currently
 able to detect and setup the scanner properties and
 still have to write the actual scanning routines.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy