[sane-devel] epson2 backend / Epson Film Scan 200 / TCP-IP support

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Nov 8 00:38:10 CET 2006

Jaroslaw Gorny <jaroslav at aster.pl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Dnia niedziela, 5 listopada 2006 22:32, Alessandro Zummo napisał:
>>
>>   My plans are to fully support the FilmScan 200, including the
>>  Advanced Photo System loader, and other epson scanners.
>
> great,
>

>>  I will be able to test on Epson CX11NF and GT-7000 photo
>>  any I'm searching for interested people that can both
>>  help in development and/or test with other epson devices.
>>
>>  I'm particularly interested in scanners equipped
>>  with ADF and/or backlight units.
>
> I've got Perfection 2580 Photo. The thing that doesn't work now is automatic
> film transporter.
> I'd be glad to help you in testing new backend.

Sorry but that will not work.  The Perfection 2580 PHOTO and FilmScan
200 use different protocols.

The reason that the epkowa backend can support this model is because
it allows the use of the non-free binary-only plugin that converts
between the protocols.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/