[sane-devel] epson2 backend / Epson Film Scan 200 / TCP-IP support

Jaroslaw Gorny jaroslav at aster.pl
Thu Nov 9 18:17:08 CET 2006

Dnia czwartek, 9 listopada 2006 00:43, Olaf Meeuwissen napisał:

> > AFAIK Perfection 2580 Photo works with epkowa and snapscan backends. But
> > neither of them supports transparency unit.
>
> True, the 2580 can be used with the snapscan backend as well.  The
> epkowa backend should let you select the transparency unit (TPU),
> IIRC.  However, the automatic film loader (AFL) is *not* supported.
> You will have to move the transparencies by hand yourself :-(

Unfortunately, it is impossible. AFL does not allow to move the film by hand.
When I try, film slips into the scanner on about 5-7 mm, and then refuses to
go deeper.

Getting know SANE to be able to develop support for AFL on that device is on
my TODO list for at least two years. Unfortunatelly there's always "more
important thing to do" :(

regards,
--
Jaroslaw Gorny