[sane-devel] Problems with HP 6300C ADF

long-john01 long-john01 at online.ms
Sat Nov 11 17:37:00 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm sorry, but the scanner doen't work any better.
The error occures sometimes after one page, sometime after 20 pages, and
I can see no reason, why the scanner does work sometimes and does not
work at the next time. The error is not predictable.

Maybe the scanner is waiting for a signal from the computer or from the
electronics.

When the error occured, the computer gets a time out and gives the
I/O-error.
After that, there is no communication possible between scanner and computer.
After about 5 minutes gets a time out and makes a reset, so the scanner
is still running.
After that the communication between scanner and computer is possible
again on the same USB-adress.

Any ideas?
Does anybody know something about errors of these HP-Scanners or about
errors of the USB module?

Thank you,
Guido