[sane-devel] Re: CanoScan LiDE 30 on NetBSD not found

Guy Yitzhaki guy.yitzhaki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:08:29 CET 2006

Thanks!

I'm sorry if I'm slow, but but where do I add these lines? I have been
programming in Java for the last ten years, and the last time I saw C code
was back in my university days.

Thanks again,
Guy

On Saturday 11 November 2006 14:17, Guy Yitzhaki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a similar problem using a Canon LiDE 25 on windows XP.
>
> The output of sane-find-scanner is:
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2220 [CanoScan]) at
> libusb:bus-1:\\.\libusb0-0006--0x04a9-0x2220
>
> and the output of scanimage -L is
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>
> How can I get debug information to try and track down the problem? I
> understood there is a DEBUG environment variable but how do I set it?

export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=7
export SANE_DEBUG_<backend-name>=7

... from my limited knowledge the SANE_DEBUG_DLL environment variable when
set
to some number (the higher, the more debugging) will debug the main SANE
engine, and there are variables for various backends such as AVISION, HP,
etc.