[sane-devel] truncated image data when scanning via network

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Fri Nov 17 22:29:14 CET 2006

Hello,

I wrote on 2006-07-20:
> truncated image files on the client, the data just seems to stop at some fixed number of bytes.

The problem even occurs when scanning via localhost-net, i.e. adding "localhost" to
/etc/sane.d/net.conf and then scan via that. The resulting file is truncated, just like when
scanning via real network:

# scanimage -d "net:localhost:brother:bus1;dev1" --mode "Black & White" --resolution 300 >
test-localhost.pbm

-> file-size 1072633 (too short, truncated)

# scanimage -d "brother:bus1;dev1" --mode "Black & White" --resolution 300 > test-dev.pbm

-> file-size 1076353 (ok)

> Both server and client run on Debian packages libsane 1.0.16-4, sane 1.0.14-1 and sane-utils 1.0.16-4.
> brscan-0.2.1-0.i386.deb

Is this a problem of the sane versions, or is something wrong with the Brother driver?

Thanks for help
Jens