[sane-devel] strange SCSI behaviour

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Mon Nov 27 00:54:43 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Alessandro Zummo wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 08:52:05 -0500 (EST)
> "m. allan noah" <anoah at pfeiffer.edu> wrote:
>
>>>  Any hint on how to do that?
>>
>> but your inquiry command worked? its just the first epson_cmd_simple that
>> fails? try calling test unit ready before this, and see if that works.
>>
>> do you have a request sense callback setup?
>

> inquiry worked and the sense callback was there. the test
> unit ready did the trick, thanks!

no problem- i owed you one for your help with the evdev module over on
openslug-devel :)

it is not unusual for a scanner to need TUR once or twice before you start
sending it any commands other than INQ/REQSense. dont know why. you might
also want to call itafter you start any long-running operations like
powering on a lamp or feeding paper...

allan