[sane-devel] Canon_pp freezes halfway

selma k kselmak at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 03:40:20 CET 2006

Matthew, thank you for your help.

The scanner now works in regular mode. Interesting enough, it freezes in force_nibble mode.

For those who have problems with Canons N340P and FB330P.
1. Set manually the io ranges and dma mode in BIOS
For me these were 378-37F, 778-77D, IRQ 7
2. Set ECC+EPP mode for your parallel port in BIOS.
3. Add the following line to the modprobe.conf (/etc/modeprobe.d/options on Ubuntu)

options parport_pc io=0x378 io_hi=0x778 dma=1

4. Reload the parallel port related modules using modprobe (my choice would be to restart)
5. If the scanner still does not work, try putting a comment on force_nibble/removing the comment in canon_pp.conf.