[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V100

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Oct 7 08:32:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Friday 06 October 2006 07:43, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Alexandre Averyanov <avalev70 at yahoo.com> writes:
> > I have purchased a Subj. This model is new one and not
> > supported by SANE yet but  I hope it's similar to
> > Epson Perfection 3490/3590.
>
> It is not.

When we have such a pretty supported device page in SANE:

  http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

I really only recommend taking a look on it before you buy some random piece
in a store ... :-))) ! For example especially choosing a well supported
device in order to support the companies that work together with the Open
Source community.

Hint: Avsion is pretty open to SPEC inquiried and there is an excellent SANE
driver around.

> > Output of "sane-find scanner -v -v" is attached. I'm
> > not a hardware programmer, is any from driver
> > developers who help me? I'm ready to provide any
> > information concernig the scanner. Thank you in
> > advance.
>
> Take a look at:
>
>   http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/index.html
>
> and find that Image Scan! for Linux 2.3.0 adds support for this model.
> Note: you will need a binary-only non-free plugin for this to work.

Yeah, the usual Epson binary only junk.

Btw. You never answered our companies inquiries about a PowerPC Linux binary
for the Epson-ALC1100-filter. I guess that is not on your companies fun-to-do
list? Maybe open-source this trivial piece of raster converter ?

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45