[sane-devel] Re: Epson Perfection V100

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Oct 16 04:31:23 UTC 2006

Alexandre Averyanov <avalev70 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> --- Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> wrote:
>
>> Alexandre Averyanov <avalev70 at yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>> > I have purchased a Subj. This model is new one and not
>> > supported by SANE yet but  I hope it's similar to
>> > Epson Perfection 3490/3590.
>>
>> Take a look at:
>>
>>   http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/index.html
>>
>> and find that Image Scan! for Linux 2.3.0 adds
>> support for this model.
>> Note: you will need a binary-only non-free plugin
>> for this to work.
>
> I've downloaded iscan package, but for me no neccesary
> to use iscan but libsane-epkowa only because I use
> scanimage frontend from SANE library.
> After some manipultaions with configuration I've
> collect libsane-epkowa, then I've linked it with
> scanimage.
> But unfortunately scanner did not found.

Like I said, you need a binary-only non-free plugin for this scanner
to work.  It is available from the same location you got the iscan
package.  You are looking for the

  iscan-plugin-gt-s600

package.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/