[sane-devel] how to install new sane backend

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Thu Oct 19 15:10:55 UTC 2006

> I'm not sure but debian package libsane-extras contains
>hp3900 backend version 0.6 which doesn't support your
>device. Current version (0.7)
> does support it. There's available a rpm package for your
> distro at:
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hp3900-series/hp3900-
>sane_bin_suse_0.7-2_i386.rpm?download
>
> It's tested with official SANE packages provided by your
>distro and works well.

Thanks!
I've downloaded the package and it really works.
I also searched for an rpm packages but I could not find on my
own.
Thanks for the link.

(The source I downloaded was sane-backends-extras-1.0.18.5
at the debian site and it claimed to support this scanner, HP
Scanjet 4370, but I could not make it work.)

IG