[sane-devel] Can SANE backend do this

Tom Miller tom at hostwebase.com
Thu Oct 19 21:07:46 UTC 2006

Does anyone who know if Sane or scanimage can do the
following requirements:  I have a Fujitsu 5120C

I want to scan many stack of paper without counting the page
on each stack anD save these scanned information into one
big file.

Example work flow.

1.Put a first stack of paper on the scanner

2.Click on a START SCAN button

3.Scanner will do it task by scan through the whole stack of
paper.

4.Operator will put on another stack of paper and click on
the CONTINUE SCAN button.

5.Step # 4 above can be repeate as many time as the operator
needed.

6.Once, the operator decided He/She done with that
particular job.  He or She will click on the FINISH SCAN
button and all the scanned information from all the paper
will need to write to one file.

Do you know how or what syntax I can use to call the
START SCAN,  CONTINUE SCAN and FINISH SCAN?

I want START SCAN to call the following syntax
scanimage ??????

I want CONTINUE SCAN to call the following syntax
scanimage ??????

I want FINISH SCAN to call the following syntax
scanimage ??????

Any help will greatly apprciate.

Thanks much,
Tom