[sane-devel] Can SANE backend do this

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Thu Oct 19 22:53:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Jon Chambers wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I don't have the same scanner as you, but the following works fine for mine
> (Dell 1600n) under SANE:
>
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Tom Miller wrote:
>> 1.Put a first stack of paper on the scanner
>> 2.Click on a START SCAN button
>
> scanimage --batch
>
>> 6.Once, the operator decided He/She done with that
>> particular job.  He or She will click on the FINISH SCAN
>> button and all the scanned information from all the paper
>> will need to write to one file.
>
> Ctrl-C (perhaps a couple of times depending on your backend)

unfortunately, this does not meet the spirit of tom's request, as it will
make multiple files, and it does not handle the reloading of the hopper.

tom, you need to investigate the existing front-ends, like
xsane/kooka/scanadf and see if they do this. if not, perhaps you can
write a new front-end that does this, as you and i talked about
previously. this is a front-end issue, not backend.

there was a thread earlier today on this list about single-file pdf
generation from multiple input images. this might give you a place to
start from.

allan