[sane-devel] Can SANE backend do this

Tom Miller tom at hostwebase.com
Thu Oct 19 23:26:37 UTC 2006

Allan,

>unfortunately, this does not meet the spirit of tom's
request, as it will
>make multiple files, and it does not handle the reloading of
the hopper.

>tom, you need to investigate the existing front-ends, like
>xsane/kooka/scanadf and see if they do this.

I am building the dependencies package for xsane.
I spent lot of time in building these packages and it still
wanted more.....   These are the packages I had installed so
far.  I am still having problem in building gtk... I am also
there.

glib
freetype font
fontconfig
libpng
libtiff
libjpeg
atk
pango
cairo
gtk  configure: error: X development libraries not found

 if not, perhaps you can
>write a new front-end that does this,

I will have to do that if I can not find anything that
already available.

>as you and i talked about
>previously. this is a front-end issue, not backend.

Yes, you are right.  Now that I understand a little better
how SANE work.

>there was a thread earlier today on this list about
single-file pdf
>generation from multiple input images. this might give you a
place to
>start from.

Are you still have the thread somewhere that you can send to
me.  I can seem to find in my inbox or trash.  Can I find it
is the archival??

Thanks much,

Tom

>allan
>--
>"so don't tell us it can't be done, putting down what you
don't know.
>money isn't our god, integrity will free our souls" - Max
Cavalera