[sane-devel] Epson 2450/GT9700 scanner

Mogens Jæger dsl315036 at vip.cybercity.dk
Fri Oct 20 05:06:35 UTC 2006

Hello

I have just bought me a new motherboard - I needed support for PCI-E
graphic-cards.
And what has it to do with sane?
Unfortunately a lot, because my scanner - Epson Perfection 2450 photo,
or GT9700F - refuses to work on my old motherboard (ASUS A8V Deluxe) in USB.
System is SuSE10.1 with an AMD64
So I have been using a firewire connection instead - and yes - the new
board does not have a firewire connection.
sane-find-scanner gives:
found SCSI processor "EPSON GT-9700 1.05" at /dev/sg6
and scanimage -L gives:
device `epkowa:/dev/sg6' is a Epson Perfection 2450 flatbed scanner
But in USB 2.0 mode I get
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0112 [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:005:005
and scanimage -L gives:
No scanners were identified.
Now my question is
Is it an error in my old board, or in the scanner? What is most likely?
Or is the best advice to get another board with firewire on?

Sincerely
Mogens Jaeger