[sane-devel] Open Source Driver Logos

Alec Wright alecjw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 21:59:24 UTC 2006

On this page : http://www.sane-project.org/manufacturers.html , the
SANE people recommend that manufacturers of imaging devices put
a logo on the packaging of their products indicating that their are SANE
drivers available for it. I have an idea for a logo (see the attached
osd.zip.tar.bz2,
I'm sorry they're in the BMP format, I made them when I used Windoze).

They're badly drawn, but you should get the idea. It's supposed to be a
microchip with the open source logo
(http://www.opensource.org/trademarks/opensource/web/opensource-110x95.png)
on it.

I think that osd-opensource.bmp with a red logo wold be best - green
logo for
open source software, red logo for open source drivers.

These logos needn't only apply to imaging devices, but prety much any
hardware: graphics cards, sound cards, network/wireless chips, printers...
and so the list goes on.

Please email me back with your comments.
Thanks.