[sane-devel] Canon Lide 80, USB log

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Sun Oct 22 19:59:23 UTC 2006

Aaron Lawrence schrieb:
> pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org wrote:
>> Aaron Lawrence schrieb:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>>> I used the awk and perl script on http://john.daltons.info/lide60/ to
>>> generate some output of plugging in the scanner, initializing and a
>>> 300dpi color scan.  It was a while ago when I took the usb log but I
>>> believe I canceled the scan partway through.
>>> http://www.ford23.com/canon_lide_80/300dpi_color/00index.html
>>>

>> Can you somehow give me access to the raw log? That way i should be able
>> to create a test program replicating the behavior in the log to figure
>> out which parts of the scanning process is missing. Private mail should
>> be possible, if your web server does not allow you to upload such large
>> amounts of data. Alternatively i can setup a ftp server.
>>
> Here's the raw log.
>
> http://www.ford23.com/canon_lide_80/usbsnoop-300dpi_color.log.zip (38 MB zipped,
> 180MB unzipped)

So, here is the small test program. It closely resembles the actions in
the log, but i still expect it to hang, because there seem to be at
least two gaps in the log. To compile simply use make in the directory.

In the meantime i will try to create a patch that makes sane work with
your scanner.

Regards,
  Pierre