[sane-devel] Sane not being able to scan in lineart mode

Wolfram Heider wolframheider at web.de
Mon Sep 4 21:33:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:55:36 +0200, Victor Warner <vwarner at woroner.com>
wrote:

> Gerhard
>
> using scanimage --list-devices:
>
> device `hpaio:/usb/hp_LaserJet_3030?serial=00CNBF116166' is a hp
> hp_LaserJet_3030 multi-function peripheral
> device `hpaio:/usb/hp_LaserJet_3030?serial=00CNBF116166' is a hp
> hp_LaserJet_3030 multi-function peripheral
>
> I am using Linspire 3.0.347. Before I reinstalled Linspire I had no
> problems scanning to this printer/scanner using lineart mode (through
> Xsane).
>
> Is this the information required?

Your scanner isn't supported directly by SANE.but by the external backend
'hpaio' which comes with the package 'hplip'. So you should first check
your hplip-installation. You may get the lastest version from
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/. There is also a quite aktive mailinglist.

Somewhere in your systemwide doc-directory should already be the
hplip_readme.html-file. You may get some useful information from it.

Detailled information on what:'s going on with your device (or not) you
can generate with:

  export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128

  and

  scanimage -L