[sane-devel] sane.ps

Wolfram Heider wolframheider at web.de
Wed Sep 6 22:26:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 23:18:31 +0200, Jon Chambers <jon at jon.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the end of my (latest CVS) sane-backends build I get a failure when
> trying to make sane.ps.
>
> Running latex manually on sane.tex reveals that I don't seem to have
> either times.sty or changebar.sty available.  Are these part of the
> "standard" latex package?
>
> I run debian and latex comes from:
>
> jon at vadim1:~/code/sane/sane-backends/doc$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/latex
> tetex-bin: /usr/bin/latex
> jon at vadim1:~/code/sane/sane-backends/doc$ dpkg -l tetex-bin
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name              Version           Description
> +++-=================-=================-==================================================
> ii  tetex-bin         3.0-16            The teTeX binary files
>
> cheers,
> Jon
>
> ====================== Jon Chambers =====================
>   http://www.jon.demon.co.uk, 020 8575 7097, 07931 961669

Jon,

they should be in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ and
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/changebar/.

I'm not sure if this comes with the Debian-standard-installation. At least
in my (parallel) Knoppix-Debian-Installation this directory is existing
but pretty empty.

If your Installation is more complete and just still lacking both files
you may take them from the private mail I sent to you and put them in
there (don't forget doing a 'texhash' on the command line).

Otherwise you may send me the .tex-file for conversion.

Regards
Wolfram Heider