[sane-devel] Communicating with Saned

Sujeewa Raj ff.canengo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:46:42 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm working on Epson 10000XL scanner connected to linux thru sane (and I'm
new to the world of sane). I want to operate it over TCP/IP. I downloaded
the sane package and installed it. There is a frontend called saned which
provides a TCP server for this purpose. So I'm writing the correspoding
Client programme to connect to Saned TCP Server.

I would like to know the messages that I'm suppossed to send to Saned TCP
Server. Also any other help/known issues regarding saned.

Secondly, how to get the documentation of Sane in general. I followed the
tutorial in the sane-project.org site. It states that the overall package of
sane comes with lots of documentation, which I'm struggling to find. Some
help from you would be great.

Thanking in advance,

FF