[sane-devel] Sane 1.0.18 and Ubuntu PIXMA problems

Wittawat Yamwong wy-sane-devel at arcor.de
Thu Sep 7 05:07:49 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 19:05, Martin Owens wrote:
> Working with the Pixma developers I was able to get support for the Canon
> MP360 scanner into the pixma_MP730 driver, I developed the support and it
> works when you call the scan program that comes with the pixma
> distribution.
>
> So in order to install it correctly with ubuntu (ubuntu comes with sane
> 1.0.17 by default) I downloaded the source, modified pixma_mp730.c in
> similar ways and compiled.
>
> sane-find-scanner doesn't recognise the scanner and scan -L doesn't list
> the scanner.

sane-find-scanner should detect your scanner and print a line like
"found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x263c) at libusb:001:004",
even when no backend supporting your scanner is installed.

If it doesn't, run sane-find-scanner as root:

SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 sane-find-scanner -q

and watch for lines containing the USBID of your scanner (0x04a9/0x263c).

> is there some registering thing I missed? or perhaps some problem with
> adding new definitions in the pixma drivers which is incompatible?

You can start with the sane-backends CVS version (after 2006-08-27). I've
checked in your patch already.

Regards
--
Wittawat Yamwong