[sane-devel] How to release our SANE driver?

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:06:14 UTC 2007

El Mon, 09 de Apr de 2007, a las 04:30:47PM +0800, Horky Chen dijo:
> We wrote a SANE driver for our own scanners, how shall we release it?
> I think we just need to copy .la and .so file into /usr/loca/lib/sane,
> and modify some configuration file. Our SANE driver  will be
> commercial package,  so could you please give me some comments?

Most linux distros allocate libraries at /usr/lib/sane and config files
at /etc/sane.d instead of /usr/local/lib/sane and /usr/local/etc/sane.d.
I use to create packages for debian, suse and fedora and a tar file
containing a diff to patch SANE stable branch giving users the
posibility to compile backend in any other platform.

Jonathan Bravo