[sane-devel] SPAM via SANE-Bugs

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:25:51 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard at gjaeger.de> wrote:
> On Freitag, 20. April 2007, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Ok, I disabled anonymous posting for now. However, this is not a solution as
> > it prevents the ordinary user from posting bug reports. If I weren't a
> > member of SANE, I wouldn't create an account just for writing a bug report.
> > Please contact the admins at alioth.debian.org for a real solution. SANE is
> > for sure not the only project having this problem.
> >
> > Personally, I got a total of 3 (in words three) spams from the tracking in
> > the last 4 weeks. So there must be some difference?
> >
> Hi,
>
> even three of those messages are too much. As Mattias stated, even deleted
> stuff gets through. I think also a guest should be able to submit reports.
> In the meantime I got more than 50 mails, most of them from a bug report,
> Mattias reported 3 years ago and which has been closed and finally deleted.
>
> Again my proposal aims in the direction to give the user a system generated
> temporary key, which could not be red by a spam bot. This key has to be
> typed in to really submit a report.
>
> I don't what this meas in terms of effort.

http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303555&group_id=1&atid=200001

there is a patch in this thread that might be a good starting point,
but the alioth admins i spoke with on irc are worried about
accessibility issues (visual impairment, etc)

another option is to request that folks email the mailing list. even
if they dont subscribe, one of the admins will let it thru.

allan