[sane-devel] scanner

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:42:11 UTC 2007

El Sun, 22 de Apr de 2007, a las 11:13:15AM +0200, guido dom dijo:
> There must definitively be something fundamenally wrong with Feisty if such
> a number of users are experimenting problems with their scanner (Iam too
> with a canon N670U that is recognised but does not start).
>
> Both SANE and UBUNTU should, in my humble opinion, already have reacted with
> a patch or a solution (or an advice to buy another scanner!!!).

May be it's not a SANE specific problem but kernel's experimental
changes and updated libraries that conflict with binary verions provided
by Ubuntu, and other distros. At least, testing with a backend (not
related to your scanner), the one provided by distro didn't work and
the same one compiled from SANE sources in Feisty worked like a charm.

So one solution could be to compile SANE against current library versions
in each distro and after testing its funtionability, notify maintainers
to update their packages.

Jonathan Bravo Lopez