[sane-devel] Canon MP600R - Connection via LAN

Michael Brasse michael.brasse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:36:37 UTC 2007

Hello Wittawat,

On 4/19/07, Wittawat Yamwong <wy-sane-devel at arcor.de> wrote:
> pixma backend doesn't support devices connected over the Ethernet. One
> work-around is to connect your device through USB but I guess this is not
> what you want...

The reason for getting this device was, that I can sit on the couch
and print/ scan via WLAN in the guest bedroom/ office downstairs.

How are other all in one devices with ethernet connection (e.g.
HP5180) handled in sane?

What needs to be done to be able to use the MP600R via ethernet? If it
requires major research and rewrite the full communciation, I am for
sure not up to it, but I could see if I can help a little bit.

Best regards
                Micha