[sane-devel] problem while found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 1.50" at /dev/sg0

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Mon Apr 30 19:34:15 UTC 2007

Hi Sane-devel team,

a friend of mine is trying to get work an Agfa Snapscan 1236 SCSI on its Debian 4.0 Etch distrib.

I asked him to add sane-utils and he sended me its sane-find-scanner
output (see further):

as you will see, the scanner is found/recognized,
but xsane seems to find his Logitech QuickCam and doesn't give him the
choice to tell that's his intensions are to scan, not to webcam
:-)

He also did tried to add ln -s /dev/sg0 /dev/scanner
but the scanner symlink is removed at each reboot.

Finally, he also read some info found on the sane archive, but it still
doesn't work.

Suggestions are welcome, and I will translate and send it fwd to him.

Here is its output:

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
# result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
# scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 1.50" at /dev/sg0
# Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by
>SANE. Try
# scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

Grtnx,
YP