[sane-devel] Canon N670U problems

David Campbell david at pastornet.net.au
Thu Aug 9 10:27:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

Yes the scanning with the CVS version doesn't make the scanner create
those dreadful sounds, and it consistently works!!  Thanks!

However, something strange that was happening initially though was that
scans were working fine, but right at the end of the scan when the scan
was successful, I'd get this error message from xsane:

   Failed to start scanner:  Device busy

It doesn't prevent scanning, but I wouldn't think it should happen.

I don't know what was causing it, but my fiddling around with xsane
seemed to make it go away, but I'm not sure how.  I've actually seen the
same weird behaviour with the scanner at my office, which is a quite old
Microtek Scanmaker E3, but working well.

-- Dave